Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quick I'm running late where is your MUFIDS?

When I took the picture I was not sure what a MUFIDS was or why one would need upgrading.

The signs were all over the airport as if they expected everyone to know what it is and would appreciate that it was being upgraded.

After checking with several people, including a man whose kiosk was in front of one the signs, I asked someone at the gate. They said that FIDS is airline speak for Flight Information (Identification) Display. I guess that the Mu must be for Mutual, since the airlines frequently share them.

So the next time you are in the airport and need to know what gate and time info, walk up to the counter and ask, "where is the MUFIDS?" They will point you in the right direction, and tell you to get a life, air-geek.

No comments: