Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What started as a normal hike


We started our Tuesday with a hike to the Devil's Postpile. From there we took a less used trail over to Red's Meadow. I was taking some pictures of the basalt formations, when we heard a noise off in the distance, then we were hit with an awful smell. We had just been talking about what to do if we should encounter a bear. Off in the distance running and at quick pace we saw something huge and hairy. I quickly raised my camera and was able to get just one blurry picture -- I had been taking pictures of rocks, so I was not ready for a moving object.

John Daley would know better than I, but we may have had an encounter with Bigfoot.

3 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Now I'll have nightmares.

NEB said...

Oh, you've GOT to send this post to Freddie. He'll flip out.

John said...

Finally a creditable witness! I never stopped beleiving. Thank you Bill.